We hope you are doing well during this difficult time.
We want to assure you that we are working hard on a plan for on line courses, so students can resume their studies. Your teachers will be in contact with you by phone, email, text or BAND very soon to share some of these details. You will be asked to do a technology survey and whether or not you would like to continue your studies on line. We do not know when the Centre will re-open. This decision is up to the Ministry of Public Health. We will continue to update our website with new information as it comes in. I want to thank each of you for your patience and understanding.
I know this is not easy and we are all struggling to cope with this difficult situation.
Stay Safe. The staff at the Centre wish you and your family the best of health.
On Line teaching services, which are scheduled to start April 27, 2020 are only available to those students who were taking classes at the Centre up until March 13, 2020. No new registrations or re-registrations are being accepted at this time.
New Registrations - Includes new students and students who registered to start Term 3 - April 6, 2020
Re- Registration - Includes students who have left the centre during the school year and do not have an active schedule.
If you are in need of support please refer the websites and telephone numbers below....
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) INFO lines in QC - 1-877-644-4545 (toll free)
- Connexions has a comprehensive document for available shelters, foodbanks and community resources for youth and their families (Connexions is based in Outaouais but also has general links) http://centreconnexions.org/community-services/youth/
- Teen Mental Health.org has some documents for teens, related to staying connected, active and establishing a routine during COVID19 self-isolation http://teenmentalhealth.org/toolbox/
- Quebec Resources on Anxiety (cause, signs, what to do as a parent): https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/advice-and-prevention/mental-health/anxiety-in-children/
- CSSS (your regional Health and Social Services – 811 (9 for English and 1 (health) or 2 (social support)
- Tel-Jeunes – 1-800-263-2266 or text 514-600-1002 or live chat https://www.teljeunes.com/Home
- Hope for Wellness Helpline *FNMI-Indigenous support line, counselling provided in English, French or upon request Cree, Ojibway, Inuktitut - Call 1-855-242 3310 https://www.hopeforwellness.ca/
- Youth Mental Health Canada has resources and is available on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram) https://ymhc.ngo/resources/covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR29LWNuFyQVcJHVkiGmzao6-y70JOnYo820BG_40un5-kxOE8lfvDXZuUo
- List of services in Outaouais (with update re. open/closed/reduced hours) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uou6tBqVfKtNzIBjmAxGq3YjjRDQn3-gB3Y7GdLDsvE/edit#gid=473865145
- CISSSAT main page of tools and information re. COVID-19 impact on services (includes French resource on dealing with anxiety in children during the pandemic) -