ALL CLASSES REMAIN ONLY ONLY UNTIL JANUARY 18th, 2021
ABSENT? Call the centre at 819-825-4135 OR use,
SHOULD I STAY HOME TODAY?
SHOULD I GET TESTED FOR COVID-19?
USE THE FOLLOWING TOOL:
If you are feeling sick do not come into school.
You can opt to attend online that sick day or during your illness and be marked present if you are well enough.
However, you cannot return from your illness until you are 24 hours symptom free (think 1 day between symptoms completely gone and your return to school).
We strongly encourage you to SEEK COVID-19 TESTING if your illness exhibits any of the symptoms below.
Adult Symptoms can include some or all of the following:
-Fever in adults: 38°C (100.4°F) and above (oral temperature)
-a new cough or a cough that gets worse;
-runny nose or nasal congestion;
-sudden loss of sense of smell without nasal congestion, with or without loss of taste.
-Other symptoms may also appear such as sore throat, headache, aching muscles, intense fatigue, severe loss of appetite and diarrhea. Symptoms can be mild or more severe like those associated with pneumonia.
-Some people can spread the virus without knowing it because they have no symptoms or have not yet developed them.
For more information on what steps you should take if sick, please see:
Click here to edit text
We thank you for your patience as we work towards making this a safe and positive return for all our students and staff.
To ensure students and staff are save when they return, the Val-d'Or Centre has implemented COVID-19 protocols based on recommendations from Quebec Public Health and the Quebec Ministry of Education.
We look forward to working with you and helping you achieve your academic goals in 2020-2021.
Director, Western Quebec Continuing Education Centre-Val-d'Or
COVID-19 Protocols for Val-d'Or
- A maximum of 12 students per class. (Physically in the classroom)
The 12 students in class will be spaced out 1.5 meters. (Tape on the floor highlights where students can sit)
- The centre has been clearly marked (signs) with COVID-19 protocols
to ensure students and staff respect social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant has been placed throughout the entire centre for easy access and use for all students and staff.
- Students and staff MUST WEAR a mask while in the Centre. While in the classroom and seated, students and staff can remove their mask but are encouraged not to. Please refer to the pictograph below.
2020-2021 PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS
- Secondary 5 Diploma
- Prerequisites for vocational studies
- Academic upgrading
- General Development Testing (GDT)
- Secondary School Equivalency Testing (SSET)
- Computer Science Training
- Career Choice and Job Search courses and support
- Bilingual Education
- English Immersion
- Chemisty, Physics, Biology and Physical Science-ONLINE
- History, Geography, International Relations, Economics-ONLINE (Limited times)
- Micro Processing with Microsoft Office 365- ONLINE
- Advanced Micro Processing-ONLINE (Limited times)